cement process production

Home > Ball Mill Process In Terms Of Mineral Processing > cement process production

Cement manufacturing process - SlideShare

Cement Manufacturing Process Phase 1: Material Extraction Cement uses materials that cover calcium, silicon, iron and aluminum. Such materials are limestone, clay and sand. Limestone is for calcium. The cement ingredientsneeded for cement production are limestone (calcium), sand and clay (silicon, aluminum, iron), shale, fly ash, mill scale and bauxite. The ore rocks are quarried and crushed to smaller pieces of about 6 inches. Secondary crushers or hammer mills then reduce them to even smaller size of 3 inches. After that, the ingredients are prepared for pyroprocessing. See full list on civiltoday.com The crushed ingredients are made ready for the cement making process in the kiln by combining them with additives and grinding them to ensure a fine homogenous mixture. The composition of cementis proportioned here depending on the desired properties of the cement. Generally, limestone is 80% and remaining 20% is the clay. In the cement plant, the mix is dried (moisture content reduced to less than 1%); heavy wheel type rollers and rotating tables blend the mix and then the roller crushes it to a fine powder to be stored in silos and fed to the kiln. See full list on civiltoday.com A pre-heating chamber consists of a series of cyclones that utilizes the hot gases produced from the kiln in order to reduce energy consumption and make the cement making process more environment-friendly. The materials are passed through here and turned into oxides to be burned in the kiln. See full list on civiltoday.com The kiln phase is the principal stage of the cement production process. Here, clinker is produced from the mix through a series of chemical reactions between calcium and silicon dioxide compounds. Though the process is complex, the events of the clinker production can be written in the following sequence: 1. Evaporation of free water 2. Evolution of combined water in the argillaceous components 3. Calcination of the calcium carbonate (CaCO3) to calcium oxide (CaO) 4. Reaction of CaO with silica to form dicalcium silicate 5. Reaction of CaO with the aluminum and iron-bearing constituents to form the liquid phase 6. Formation of the clinker nodules 7. Evaporation of volatile constituents (e. g., sodium, potassium, chlorides, and sulfates) 8. Reaction of excess CaO with dicalcium silicate to form tricalcium silicate The above events can be condensed into four major stages based on the change of temperature inside the kiln: 1. 100°C (212°F): Evaporation of free water 2. 100°C (212°F See full list on civiltoday.com After exiting the kiln, the clinker is rapidly cooled down from 2000°C to 100°C-200°C by passing air over it. At this stage, different additives are combined with the clinker to be ground in order to produce the final product, cement. Gypsum, added to and ground with clinker, regulates the setting time and gives the most important property of cement, compressive strength. It also prevents agglomeration and coating of the powder at the surface of balls and mill wall. Some organic substances, such as Triethanolamine (used at 0.1 wt.%), are added as grinding aids to avoid powder agglomeration. Other additives sometimes used are ethylene glycol, oleic acid and dodecyl-benzene sulphonate. The heat produced by the clinker is circulated back to the kiln to save energy. The last stage of making cement is the final grinding process. In the cement plant, there are rotating drums fitted with steel balls. Clinker, after being cooled, is transferred to these rotating drums and ground into such a See full list on civiltoday.com Cement is conveyed from grinding mills to silos(large storage tanks) where it is packed in 20-40 kg bags. Most of the product is shipped in bulk quantities by trucks, trains or ships, and only a small amount is packed for customers who need small quantities. See full list on civiltoday.com Cement Process Production5:17youtube.comProduction Process of Cement5:13youtube.comCement Production Process Explained9:01youtube.comCement Production Process5:34youtube.comCement tile production processCement Process Production » The basic materials used for the cement manufacturing process are limestone or chalk and shale or clay. Cement clinkerisation plants for the manufacturing process of cement are located near the materials areas and most of the time the plants are equipped with conveyors that can directly feed the materials from the mines.

How Cement Is Made

Concrete is formed when portland cement creates a paste with water that binds with sand and rock to harden. Cement is manufactured through a closely controlled chemical combination of calcium, silicon, aluminum, iron and other ingredients.

Location

CONTACT INFO